Saturday 11 August sees the start of Hong Kong’s most eagerly anticipated tag rugby tournament, the 2018 Super League. Last year’s winners – Tag Buffaloos – will be back and raring to go after narrowly missing the finals at the HKTag Challenge title earlier this year.
HKTag Super League runs consecutively across three weekends, in a series of pooled matches, culminating in the deciders on Saturday 25 August. All teams will play at least once on every match-day Saturday.
The tournament features eight teams, each with a squad size of 15 people. Stay tuned to find out more about each of our teams and get ready for the pool draw end of July!
- Tag Buffaloos
- Wan Chai Warriors
- Kam Shan Monkeys
- Toy Story
- Wolf Pack
Schedule of play
|Date||Kick-off||Pitch A1||Pitch A2|
|11 August||19.30||Team 1 (Pool A)||Team 2 (Pool A)||Team 3 (Pool A)||Team 4 (Pool A)|
|19.55||Team 1 (Pool B)||Team 2 (Pool B)||Team 3 (Pool B)||Team 4 (Pool B)|
|20.20||Team 2 (Pool A)||Team 3 (Pool A)||Team 1 (Pool A)||Team 4 (Pool A)|
|18 August||19.30||Team 2 (Pool B)||Team 3 (Pool B)||Team 1 (Pool B)||Team 4 (Pool B)|
|19.55||Team 1 (Pool A)||Team 3 (Pool A)||Team 2 (Pool A)||Team 4 (Pool A)|
|20.20||Team 1 (Pool B)||Team 3 (Pool B)||Team 2 (Pool B)||Team 4 (Pool B)|
- Games last 20 minutes (10 minute halves) with a 2 minute half time
- Seven-a-side with a minimum of three female players on the field-of-play at all times.
- All players must tuck their shirts into their tag shorts. Tag belts are not permitted.
- One point for a try by a male player, two points for a try by a female player.
- A try is scored when the ball is grounded on or over the try line.
- A player cannot pass the ball back after crossing the try line, nor can he/she run back into the field-of-play to pass the ball back to another player.
- The game is won by the team who score the most points.
For the detailed Rulebook and further information on Gameplay, see our Rules section.