Ringo Lung has been named Assistant Coach of the HKTag international squad for the Tag 2018 World Cup in Coffs Harbour.
Ringo is a seasoned international and domestic rugby player, making his mark on the pitch in rugby union, rugby league as well as tag. He is captain of rugby league side Hong Kong Thunder and led the team to success in the squad’s recent trip to Tokyo – beating the Japanese Samurais in a stunning 32-20 victory.
As well as two international caps for Hong Kong Thunder, Ringo has three seasons of tag rugby under his belt – winning the HKTag Super League two years running, first with Taguila Bombs in 2016 and later with the Tag Buffaloos. He is also a L1 Qualified Oztag Referee.
Ringo is Development Officer and Head of Coaching for Hong Kong Rugby League. He is a permanent player for Hong Kong domestic rugby union side, Valley RFC.
- July 2016 Level 1 Oztag Referee Qualified
- August 2016 HKTag Super League winners, Taguila Bombs
- August 2017 HKTag Super League winners, Tag Buffaloos
- May 2017 Development Officer, Hong Kong Rugby League
- November 2017 Hong Kong Thunder Captain in first international test, Hong Kong
- June 2018 Hong Kong Thunder Captain for international test win against Japan Samurais, Tokyo